Run a Marathon
What it Entails:
You’ve decided to get fit, but were too cheap to pay for a gym membership. Well, fine, at least you’re practical, or you would be, if you weren’t trying to run a marathon.
Let’s recount the history of marathons. They are so named in memory of the sacrifice of the Greek runner, Pheidippides, who ran from Marathon to Athens, delivered a message and dropped dead.
This seems like an excellent thing for you to emulate, especially seeing as you just got off of the couch.
You’re going to need workout gear, running shoes, an iPod, sunglasses and to have your affairs in order. You have written a will right?
1. You didn’t have to pay for gym membership.
2. People are impressed when you tell them you’re training for a marathon. They might even compliment you before you’ve done anything.
3. Rarely required to provide proof of your marathon training or participation.
1. May occasionally have to run. It’s that activity where you move your legs quickly and you sweat a lot.
2. You’ll realize what healthy joints you used to have.
3. You’ve already bragged about this, eventually people are going to expect you to back it up. No pressure.