What it Entails:
Suspending all logical judgment and jumping out of a perfectly good plane.
It’s true, some skydiving institutions have lesser quality planes… this still doesn’t excuse jumping out of them.
Past that questionable choice you may spend time watching the ground come up fast and (optionally) wetting yourself. Congratulations, you could have taken a bath and watched Google Earth. No, no, I’m sure you’re right, this is better.
Oh, and then there’s the parachute. Who packed that thing? Are you sure it’s going to open? Yeah you’re right. Why worry? It’s not like a mistake will have any serious consequences…
1. If this is a hobby your family will thank you for it, and take out a life insurance policy on you.
2. Wonderfully alone while in the air.
3. One of the few to take the advice of The Steve Miller Band and actually flying like an eagle.
1. Your chute might open.
2. People will want to talk to you about the experience.
3. Empty realisation that you’ve accomplished nothing beyond glorified falling.